Know Before You Go: Roadwork Areas To Avoid This Week
When it comes to roadwork, the extreme heat has not slowed construction crews down across the Texas panhandle. This week we can expect to see delays along parts of I-40 for ongoing roadwork as well as some new, quick projects that will be taking place. Each week, the Texas Department of Transportation releases their list of areas to take caution and avoid if you can.
- Crews will make patching in the following locations:
- Monday, July 13 – The right lane of BI-40 (Amarillo Boulevard) northbound from Raef Road to US 60.
- Tuesday, July 14 – The left lane of BI-40 northbound from Raef Road to US 60.
- Wednesday and Thursday, July 15 and 16 – US 60 frontage road between FM 1912 and BI-40.
- Contract mowers will continue working throughout the week along US 287.
- Watch for crews performing dirt work on State Loop 335 (Soncy Road) southbound from Amarillo Boulevard to I-40.
- The left lanes of the I-40 frontage roads will be closed in both directions between Washington and Western streets for mowing.
- The left lane of I-40 will be closed in both directions at FM 1912 for riprap work.
- The left lane of I-40 will be closed in both directions between Western and Bell streets while contractors install concrete barriers.
- Watch for lane closures on US 87 in both directions between Willow Creek and Cherry Avenue for bridge maintenance.
As with all road projects, they are subject to be delayed or cancelled due to weather conditions. As for now, even with the heat, all projects are continuing as scheduled.